Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What the Eyes Can Hear

"Do you know that our soul is composed of harmony?"
                   - Leonardo DaVinci
                                                                                                                                                                                           
Because I can see, my thoughts have shape. 
But because I can hear, my thoughts have life. 

Each song creates an infinite amount of stories, 
Something you can see if you just listen.
This is one of mine. 


Slow breath to life
I'm looking through a world of emerald water and black blood
In waves, rotating the cavern with sedated centripetal force. 
Suspended in a weightless pressure.
Robotic sighs like fragmented peals through the water.
Suddenly the encompassing roof of stone frames the sun, 
And the gloom is illuminated by a vacant light. 
There is no dust to hide in the shade of sunbeams. 
Hair lissome and free as dead seaweed. 
Sand? Perhaps some in a realm far below. 
But I cannot feel it. 
Then still to awaken. 
I am alone. 
A twitch. 
Ripples of salt deposits etch their names across the grotto walls. 
Each bubble of air, quivering to the strike of piano. 
Another twitch, another fight. 
Another fit of swimming with muscles that refuse to wake. 
The sun fades; twilight falls. 
Deep sigh to resign. 
A little mermaid missing her fins, drowning
Eternal

~E




3 comments:

  1. I love this. Your imagery evokes strong feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say...I love this as well. It is beautiful. Your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say...I love this as well. It is beautiful. Your poem.

    ReplyDelete