Saturday, March 19, 2016

Where I'm From

I'm from letters written of a child's ignorance that haunt the nooks of a brothel rather than heaven itself. 
I'm from an illusion born of minds greater than mine that fell away when my own became greater. 
I'm from paper that catches my worlds since there's no way else to find them. 
I'm from the moon, a reflection of light that once was. 
I'm from the sea, endlessly churning back and forth between where I was and will be. 
I'm from a rainbow, the tangible kind that stains the subconscious. 
I'm from the fields where I can never escape regardless of my watch and compass. 
I'm from bindings that freed me to follow whenever I chose. 
I'm from a dichotomy that showed me all the sides of myself. 
I'm from the black, unknown to depth and temporal. 

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment